My students will learn the current laws regarding drone use in the United States.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
UAVs are a component of an unmanned aircraft system (UAS); which include a UAV, a ground-based controller, and a system of communications between the two.
What WE WILL DO AT BMMS
- Learn proper drone use in a safe environment.
- Learn to work with a spotter.
- Learn the functions of a drone hands on.
What IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UAV & UAS?
UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) is the actual aircraft that flies around to collect the required data and imagery.
UAS (Unmanned Aerial System) is the entire package needed to operate the system, which includes the UAV itself, the ground control system, camera, GPS, all the software, skills needed to operate the system and tools required for maintenance.
These systems can be used in a variety of applications such as surveying, film making and by the military for gathering intelligence.
There are two main types of UAVs that are suitable for survey work
- Unmanned fixed wing aircraft suitable for aerial mapping and topographical modelling
- Vertical take-off and landing systems which are propeller based aircraft suitable for hard to reach places and detailed inspection work …. READ MORE